SO, WHAT'S YOUR POINT OF VIEW?


 "Two men look out through the same bars: One sees the mud, and one sees the stars."- Frederick Langbridge, A Cluster of Quiet Thoughts.

Way back during my secondary school days, I was among the six students that got picked to represent my school in an English Essay Writing Competition. Truth be told, I was the least among the rest when it came to having excellent grades, not only in English, but in all the subjects. I actually wondered why I was picked, but I guess the teachers saw in me what I couldn't see in myself then. Rather than shy away from the challenge, I saw it as an opportunty to improve in my essay writing; and even though we didnt win the price, I made an excellent grade in English Language during our final examinations.

So my point is, in life, we have choices; and we either have a pessimistic view and live a self-defeated life or decide to be optimistic and take a challenging and fulfilled life.

So why nurture an optimistic point of view? And why now?

Research has shown that, optimism has been linked to positive mood and good morale; to academic, athletic, military, occupational and political success; to popularity; to good health and even to long life; and freedom from trauma and every negative situation. 

On the other hand, the rates of depression and pessimism have never been higher.

It is true that the challenges could be so overwhelming, but wouldn't you rather see the best in every situation than see the worst?
The truth is, optimists are confronted with the same harsh challenges, but what differs is the way they see their challenges. They believe that defeat is just a temporary setback, and focus on ways to solve the problem or even see the experience as an opportunity to learn and grow. They never say never. They believe that things will get better.

People respond positively to positive minded people. Their optimistic view of the world can be contagious and influence those they are with.

When the going gets tough, optimists get tougher! So what's your point of view?? 

#Foodforthought 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!