.....THE WAY YOU ARE....


A woman was involved in a self-improvement program. She asked her husband to help her by listing six things he believed she could do to help her become a better wife.

He reported to the class: "I was surprised by such a request. Frankly, it would have been easy for me to list six things I would like to change about her but I didn't. I said to her, 'Let me think about it and give you an answer in the morning.'

"The next morning I had the florist send six red roses to my wife with a note: 'I can't think of six things I would like to change about you. I love the way you are.'

"When I arrived at home that evening, who do you think greeted me at the door? That's right. My wife was almost in tears. I was extremely glad I had not criticized her.

"The following Sunday at church, after she had reported the results of her assignment, several women came up to me and said, 'That was the most considerate thing I have ever heard.' It was then I realized the power of appreciation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

DO IT DIFFERENTLY THIS TIME/LET THE SPARK OUT!