THE BIG MISTAKE ABOUT ASSUMPTION!

They say that assumption is the mother of all mistakes. 
How many times have you assumed something and it turned out to be true? Hardly. I want to urge us to learn to be "double sure"( borrowing my sister's words) about any situation. 

Assumption has led a lot of people into regrettable and irreversible mistakes. As hurting as you may be feeling, do yourself the good of being a little more patient to verify before you draw conclusions and do something terrible, that you will live the rest of your life regretting you'd done better.

On a lighter note, let me share a true life story with you, on why you should never assume. 

Few years ago, I got a job in an engineering firm and my take home was a good one. I was also given an official car and a driver. On my first day at work, I was out and about with the driver. So with so much excitement, I called my mom and was telling her how happy and excited I was, and how I was cruising the whole town with a brand new official car and a driver. We cracked jokes in my dialect and said a lot of things. Because the driver was from the north, I totally assumed that he could never understand all that I said. 

Days later, when I was rushing to meet up with an appointment, without given the driver any notice that I was on my way to the car, I bumped into him making a call and he spoke my dialect all through the conversion.   I was shocked to my bones! Lolls. I asked him how he learnt my dialect, he said his wife thought him. I could see the look on his face that day, like, "oh you thought I did not understand everything you said that day."

The good thing was that I never said anything ill about the driver or anybody in the company or anybody at all. I was just excited and joyful about my new job and all the mouth watery benefits. I learnt a very big lesson from that day. I not only stopped assuming, I became more careful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!