I SAW THIS NOTE IN ONE OF MY JOURNALS; A CANDID TALK FROM MY MOM.

Dated 18th August, 1997.

My writing skills didn't start today. Wow! I saw this note and I thought I should share it. My mom never stopped lecturing us about life, but I guess we humans love adventure and wouldn't mind doing things our own ways most times. It is a good thing we know better now, that it pays to listen. Thank GOD.
Read below:

If you genuinely desire to connect with a good man or woman, you must let go of all the time wasting, purposeless and unproductive relationships. 

A bad relationship will hinder you from connecting with the man or woman who is right for you. 

Do not try to manage a mediocre relationship. 

The danger of holding onto a bad relationship for too long is that after a while, it will be very difficult for you to leave, because you have grown emotionally and destructively attached to the person. 

Do not be scared of being alone. Better to be alone than to be in an abusive relationship. 

Pray fervently to GOD for the right partner. 

Any bad trait you see in the person you are dating and the person does not see any wrong in it and has no plan of getting better, do yourself good and save yourself from heart breaks. 

Wow. There is nothing "old school" about this at all. This is the real deal. I was shocked when I saw this note. Bless your heart my sweet mom. Nothing really is new under the sun! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!