LOVE YOUR.........AS YOURSELF BY J'ODIE ( SINGER, SONG WRITER )


I came across the status update of one of my friends
on Whatsapp and it read "People I truly love don't love me
back - that's sad."
Now, don't be quick to say to this person, "That's life, get over
it!" As tough as life can be, we somehow have the capacity to
love, be kind and generous. The status update struck me and it
recurred to me that many people don't have enough love
for themselves. We want to love other people, but we forget we
need to love ourselves FIRST.
It's not too early in the year to talk about this, because
someone out there got heart-broken yesterday...someone got
separated from a spouse...someone lost a dear friend...someone
was told "I hate you!" 
Since we can't necessarily control what happens in life, we can
learn to love ourselves and that love will help us sail through
the, sometimes, harsh weather that life may bring our way.
Fall in love with yourself: be patient with yourself; be kind with
yourself; say good things to yourself; don't abuse your body -
it's the only one you'll ever have on earth; improve on yourself;
pray for yourself...
Somehow, things will fall in place when you learn to love
yourself. Somehow, you'll know "I should be closer to Jack, not
John, because so, so, so and so." Somehow, you'll understand
yourself better. Somehow, you won't need a million people to
adore you in order to be happy, because you would be content
with the little light that shines in your heart...a growing light.
Somehow, you'll get better at loving yourself and guess what?
I dare say most people want to be friends with people who love
themselves. And, you'll be in a better position to love "your
neighbour."
It's not going to be so easy when you start, but when you learn
to love yourself, it will make life more fulfilling for you.
I love myself - it took a loooooong while. Now, I can't help but
share, so people round the world would experience the beauty
that the love for one's self brings.
With so much Love. 

Insta/twitter handle: @JodieGreat


Comments

Unknown said…
Wonderful...nice one dear
Unknown said…
Wonderful...nice one dear
TreasuredMinds said…
Wow! Wow! Wow! What more can I say? I learnt about this many years ago and I have no regrets having this soft spot for myself. It makes you appreciate that fact that God sees you as special and d apple of His eyes. Tnx dearest for this admonishing words. God bless.

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!