WHEN A MAN CULTIVATES THE RIGHT SEED IN THE LIFE OF HIS WIFE, SHE WILL SING HIS PRAISE, PROTECT HIS INTEREST AND EVEN REMAIN FAITHFULL AFTER HE IS GONE!

Hello There!  I hope your day is going well. I came across an interview granted by Bianca Ojukwu,  the wife of Late Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, the Former Head of State of the Republic of Biafra and leader of the Igbos and also a prominent figure in the issues of nation building in Nigeria,  and I thought I should share these particular paragraphs that caught my attention with you.

Please read: 



As I said in my tribute, he was not just a husband, he was also a friend, a mentor and I was very protective of him. Whereas people would think that the role ought to be reversed, I was very protective of him. I was worried more about certain situations that I felt might endanger his life. We had such a strong bond and I was involved in every aspect of his life, it was like two people living one life.


I remember when doctors were asking me to leave the room when things got quite bleak and I told them I could not leave, they thought I was getting too emotional. I told them if I didn’t leave him during the best of times, I couldn’t leave him now. I told them he was not going anywhere as long as I was holding his hands. The most traumatic point was when he could no longer hear me. Even when he was struggling to stay alive, whenever he heard my voice he would look up and smile, but when he could no longer hear me, I knew it was over, and that was very traumatic. I didn’t quite expect that the exit would be so swift.
When they wanted to take him away, I refused and asked them to give me some time alone with him. I had some hours to reflect on our lives and it was difficult to imagine that he was gone.   Even to the Igbo nation itself, they are finding it difficult to believe that he is gone. While he was on exile, they knew he would be back at some point, but, unfortunately, this is a final exile, and it is hard to endure. It has not been easy, because my role was almost like an appendage.


Given that you are still very young, beautiful and as the famed American poet-Robert Frost said, you still have a long road to travel. Do you plan to remarry?


People marry I think not just because they need to come together, live together, raise family together, it is a rite of passage and I think I have fulfilled my part. Why I said that, is, I have gone through marriage, lived with what I consider a wonderful man who gave me 23 years of happiness, of fulfillment,  I literally felt I was the luckiest woman to have had a man who gave me utter dedication and, above all, wonderful children. So my pledge to him is that I will devote my life to taking care of our children, raising them properly, teaching them those ideals that he cherished and held very dear and trying to carry on his legacy. So I don’t have any compelling need to remarry and, in any case, my time is very limited; so I am trying to channel it properly towards raising my children.

Comments

Laura Nwodo said…
this is a simple case of a beautiful heart! bianca is simply beautiful, inside and out! wow!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!